I need help regarding my TV that got cracked whilst being transported by a removals company.

My household goods were being transported from Maun to Gaborone by the said company.

Collection of my goods was delayed because my employer took time to pay off the agreed amount to the company but finally something was agreed on.

When I got home I realised that my TV had cracks and I immediately notified the Maun manager.

He then referred me to the Gaborone manager where I failed to get help.

I was just told that there is nothing that can be done even if I contact a senior manager.

Please help me resolve this issue.

I bought my TV three months ago and I can’t be paying for something I’m not going to use.

You are right to feel wronged.

The company had an obligation to treat your property with the same level of care that you would have done if you’d moved your goods yourself.

Correction, a higher level of care because they were being paid to take care of them.

I suggest you contact the company and demand to know what insurance polices they currently have that cover the damage to your property.

Any reputable company will have such insurance and they should have told you about it before they moved your goods.

I don’t even think that it’s acceptable, as some shipping and courier companies do, to allow you not to have insurance.

Insurance should be the norm when a company transports your property for you. But that’s just my opinion.

I think you should write to the company and ask for details of the insurance they have and also remind them that Section 15 (1) (a) of the Consumer Protection Regulations requires a company like theirs to deliver services “with reasonable care and skill”.

Ask them what they plan to do to fix your problem.

We’ll also get in touch with them to see if they can explain themselves.

Leave a Reply

Please Login to comment
Notify of