Home News Other News SECURITY BLENDER LANDS 15 SHOP ASSISTANTS IN HOSPITAL

SECURITY BLENDER LANDS 15 SHOP ASSISTANTS IN HOSPITAL

4
Trans Africa Wholesale Botswana

More than 15 Trans Africa Wholesalers employees landed in Princess Marina hospital last week Friday after inhaling a toxic gas used to trap criminals inside the store.

Some of those who were hospitalized only managed to report for duty on Tuesday while others were treated at Extension II clinic and released on the same day.

The incident occurred after security guards forgot to deactivate a system that releases the gas when they opened the  shop in the morning.

A manager who refused  to disclose his name because Trans Africa Policy did not allow employees to talk to the press said : “The  substance which spreads fast is used to trap criminals but we realised that there was something wrong when our employees started coughing and fainting.”

The affected who spoke to  The Voice said that they could not  tell what exactly happened to them.

“When we reported for work, we could sense that there was a foul smell in the shop but we just ignored it .” said an employee who requested for her name not to be mentioned for fear of  losing her job.

“After a while everybody started coughing and experiencing some problems in breathing. And then we found ourselves in hospital beds with no clue about what exactly could have happened to us” The affected employee stated.

The store was forced to close for business early leaving customers stranded.

4
Leave a Reply

Please Login to comment
4 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
0 Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
4 Comment authors
  Subscribe  
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
DON

At least it works!

izzy

le utule akere magodu.kana gone go lekeletswa mo babereking kana nako tse dingwe ba ja le magodu.

Moratwa

Legodu le a tle le utlwe eng ne izzy….kana lona se se mo tlhaloganyong ya lona fela ke plan ya go ya go utswa nothing else

Tawana

Daniel Chida
its “blunder ” not blender.