• Have you ever felt you should cut down on your drinking?
• Have you ever tried to stop for good and found you could not?
• Have people ever annoyed you by criticizing your drinking?
• Have you ever felt bad or guilty about your drinking?
• Have you ever had a drink first thing in the morning to steady your nerves or to get rid of a hangover?
In you answered yes to any of the above, you might be in trouble with alcohol. Call for an appointment to talk to our counselling staff. Keeping a diary can help you keep an eye on how much you drink.
WHAT IS BINGE DRINKING?
Binge drinking is drinking a lot (5 to 6 drinks) of alcohol over a short period of time.
WHY DO PEOPLE BINGE DRINK?
It looks attractive and fun.
Curiosity: people want to know what its like to drink or feel drunk.
Feel good factor.
Alcohol is thought to reduce stress, it creates more stress. False perception of sophistication
BINGE DRINK AND ANXIETY
When you drink to excess, it has a significant effect on your physical body.
EXCESSIVE ALCOHOL INTAKE CAUSES
Impaired mental ability.
DRINKING TOO MUCH TOO FAST MAY CAUSE
BINGE DRINKING AND DEPRESSION
Alcohol is a depressant.
Binge drinking will cause depression because the alcohol wipes out “feel good” chemicals in your brain.