Married lover wants to move away

Married lover wants to move away


Dear Gase,

I date a married man, I gave him my son and now he wants to relocate to another country without me.

I love him but I suspect he wants to move with his wife.

What should I do?

Gase says..

Your letter is short and to the point, and a curt reply would be equally brief.

Don’t date married men, get your son back, and move on with your life.

But I expect matters are not as simple as that.

Reading between the lines I can imagine that your married man promised to marry you once his divorce came through – but that never happened.

And when you say that you gave him your son, do you mean he ‘married’ him as per customary law?

If your suspicions are correct that he wants to move with your son and his wife, what evidence is there to support that?

If you still love him there must obviously be something about the relationship that has been good – but what are his feelings for you?

Has he asked you to move away with him and your son?

You need to answer these questions – have a heart to heart talk with him and establish the truth of the matter.

They say that love is blind but it is time for you to open your eyes to the reality of the situation.

Keep in mind too the position of your son who doesn’t deserve to be caught in-between two warring parents.

If he continues to make promises then make sure you have something more concrete to build on – if not a marriage certificate a will naming you and his son as beneficiaries.

I suggest you get legal advice on the matter.

Facebook Comments

Latest Posts

More News

Facebook Comments