Home » Other News » LUCKY TO BE ALIVE
TORCHED: Keatlogetswe's burnt kitchen

TORCHED: Keatlogetswe’s burnt kitchen

Football fan survives inferno

The AFCON opening match between South Africa and Cape Verde ended in disaster for a Maun man who nearly burnt to death while watching the game.

39- year- old Tabona Ketlogetswe who was on weekend duty at the North West District Council where he is employed had rushed home from work to catch the AFCON action.

Whilst watching the match he heard a strange noise in the kitchen and went to investigate.

Speaking from Letsholathebe Memorial hospital where he was being treated for third degree burns all over the body, Ketlogetswe bravely told of how his kitchen caught fire.

“I grabbed the gas cylinder in an attempt to throw it out of the house   but it exploded in my hands and badly burnt my upper body.”

He however managed to drag himself out and a pastor who was amongst the people who had come to help rushed him to hospital.

Ketlogetswe suspected that the fire was caused by his nine kilograms cylinder which could have been  leaking.

“ I bought it four days before the explosion but I am grateful that my three children survived unharmed,” he said.

Hospital Superintendent Maxwell Mungisi said:“The patient is lucky to have survived because he suffered serious burns all over his body,adding that he was likely to be kept in hospital for a long time.”


burnt-kitchen

burnt-kitchen

One Response to “LUCKY TO BE ALIVE”

  1. Crinklecutt 2013/01/28

    Wow. That guy is extremely brave. In America, they’d make him a hero. But in Africa, we would need there to have been a little child standing behind him, that in some obvious way escaped harm because of his actions. Don’t worry dude, you’re my hero.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.