DISTRAUGHT: Mosiwe's parents

DISTRAUGHT: Mosiwe’s parents

Cop recalled from domestic dispute that ends in murder express regret

A traumatised cop who was prematurely recalled to the office from a domestic dispute case which later turned into murder has expressed deep regret at the horrible turn of events.

The junior officer who asked not to be named in fear of victimisation was one of the police officers who had attended to a report of a man threatening to kill his girlfriend in Tshwaane village near Letlhakeng last week.

Following orders to return to base urgently before they had finished their investigation, the young officer and his colleagues lived to be haunted by the murder that occurred soon after they left.

“Our intention was to take the couple to the police station after completing our investigations, but the bosses ordered us to hurry up and get back because the vehicle we were using was needed for a trip to Molepolole,” he said.

Soon after they arrived at base, the threat to kill suspect, Motebele Mosesanyane (30) carried out his threats and bludgeoned his lover, Tekeletso Mosiwe, 32, to death with a pestle and then committed suicide.

Eye-witnesses told of how Mosesanyane, who hanged himself  killed Mosiwe for refusing to obey his command to quit her job and go  and live with him at their home.

Fearing for his life, Mosiwe called the police from her cellphone to report threats to kill, eye witnesses further revealed.

“The local police cluster members here in Tshwaane then came and when Motebele ignored their attempts to quell the situation they called the Takatokwane police who came and attended to the report,” recalled Mosiwe’s employer, Stella Bathusi.

Bathusi said the police then tried to pacify the angry man but when they left in the middle of the dispute, he continued harassing the woman until he eventually killed her.

The two were laid to rest at Sesung village last weekend amid anger and frustration towards the police by the woman’s distraught family.

The deceased’s uncle Chester Mosiwe said: “We went to the police after the incident to look for answers, but they did not take us seriously so we will sit down with other family members and engage a lawyer to institute legal action.

This will not bring back our daughter, but we know it’ll help prevent this kind of negligence from happening again.”

Superintendent Toi Maraganyane confirmed the incident denied that a threat to kill report had been lodged.

“We only received a murder report and that’s the one we attended to. At the moment we’re still investigating the incident,” was all he was prepared to say.

Facebook Comments

Latest Posts

More News

Facebook Comments