Bizarre animal sightings accompany the return of hell fires to torment family
When it rains it pours for the the troubled Otlogetswe family of Kanye.
First it was the return of a series of mysterious fires from hell that tormented them in 2001, which gutted their clothes and blankets again this past winter.
As they battled to find an explanation to the bizarre incidents which were characterised by mysterious fires erupting in front of their eyes seemingly without a cause, another stranger than fiction incident involving strange animal sightings whilst at the dinner table rocked the family.
Last week the distraught Otlogetswe family members told of how the situation had worsened as they began to see strange animals roaming around in the yard and clothes literally getting out of the closet on their own to catch fire under their watchful gaze.
“Occasionally a child screams claiming to have seen a wild animal. When you turn around to have a look you see a different animal, sometimes you see a puppy coming from nowhere and walking into the house. It’s unbelievable but real and very scary.” said 24-year- old Bonang Otlogetswe.
His mother Orebotswe, 55, said churches that had offered prayers at the house have since given up.
“These days we occasionally get individuals who come to the house to pray and sometimes the fires just erupt in the middle of prayers as if to mock us. We’re so scared and I just don’t know what wrong we have done to deserve this kind of situation,” said the troubled mother of six.
“It’s hard to explain but sometimes I find clothes burning in the toilet a few seconds after I have-hung them in the wardrobe,” she continued.
The bizarre fires, Orebotswe explained were a return of similar events that occurred in 2001. “This time around we did not even bother to report the fires to the police because in 2001 there was nothing they could do except to stare in disbelief when the fires attacked. We invited different churches to pray for us and we also spent a lot of money on prophets and traditional doctors but all their efforts were in vain. The fires then stopped on their own in August 2002,” she said and added: “At the time my daughter was traumatised as the fire burnt everything that she sat had.”
“These days I can’t even leave the house to attend funerals and weddings because I worry that the fire might strike and burn everything while I am gone. I can’t afford to spend any more money on traditional doctors and I can only appeal to anyone who cares to come to our rescue and help us replace what we have lost. I survive on the P500 monthly rentals that I get from my two tenants and my fear is that they might also vacate their houses in fear of the fires. I also fear that power cables might get burnt and cause worse damage and get us electrocuted,” she said
In the meantime as the family enters the third month of torment from fire and animals, Orebotswe says they have put their trust in God to eventually come to their rescue and stop this horror.