A 66- year -old man from Natale village who lost almost everything when his house was gutted by fire recently is appealing for help in cash and kind.
Morgan Masalila lost everything he accumulated in his life when his three bedroom house caught fire which was started by his grandson. The fire started in the main bedroom where the young boy is believed to have been playing with matches and a candle.
“Nothing was recovered from the house. I lost everything which was inside. I now have to start afresh and I don’t really know how I am going to manage as a pensioner.”
He said any help which could assist him rebuild his life would be highly appreciated.
“I have accepted what befell me. I am not choosy on what people could help me with because I lost everything, clothes, furniture, utensils and food,” he said.
Tatitown out-going station commander, Tebogo Madisa confirmed the fire accident and revealed that property valued over P54 000 was destroyed in the fire.
Meanwhile The Voice Newspaper donated five blankets to Masalila who said the kind gesture would go a long way in helping him rebuild his life.