By Wednesday evening two bodies had been recovered from the Gaborone dam but police and WUC authorities were still cagey with details surrounding the condition of the bodies as well as the location of the discovery.
In his first address after the employees went missing, WUC Chief Executive Officer Godfrey Mudanga had told journalists that the use of life jackets was a primary safety precaution, but as the search progressed no life jacket was found.
This week Superintendent King Tshebo of Naledi Police station, was reluctant to confirm or deny if the bodies were found with life jackets. “The bodies were intact but I can’t reveal if they had life jackets. I can’t even show you the area where we found the bodies because it’s part of the secrecy of our investigations,” he said.
Although the police had said that names of the missing employees would be revealed after their next of kin had been informed, this week Tshebo was still reluctant to reveal the names as he said investigations were still ongoing.
Tshebo told journalists on Wednesday evening that the second body was found about 100 metres from where the first one was found. “We are still searching for the third body as well as the boat that the men had been using,” he said.